Last year in the weeks leading up to Advent we shared a variety of non-theological books that would make great Christmas gifts. We covered quite a bit: board books, picture books, family read-alouds, and great books for adults. More recently I posted my list of favorite picture books for 2-year-olds. This year we thought we’d tackle gift lists from slightly different angles. Today I’m talking about gifts for kids who love books; check back next week for a list specifically for grown-up readers.
Book Related Stuff
- Blank Hardback Books – for the child who loves to read and write
- Child Sized Reading Chair – for a cheaper alternative, check out IKEA
- Clip-On Book Light – a must-have for traveling… or reading under the covers
- Bedside Book Lamp – mine gets used daily!
- Book Display Shelf – ours sits proudly in our living room
- Hanging Book Display or Rain Gutter Shelves – great ideas for a DIYer
- “Read With Me” Art Print – fantastic addition to a child’s room
- Personalized Library Stamp – who doesn’t love a personalized gift?
And now, because we can’t pass up an opportunity to share books, here are some additional (non-theological) titles we haven’t mentioned elsewhere to consider giving to the children in your life. There’s something for just about everyone on this list!
Books for Kids
- Actual Size
- A Bear Called Paddington
- Children’s Picture Atlas
- The Elves and the Shoemaker
- The End of the Beginning
- Geraldine’s Blanket
- Kermit the Hermit
- Moon Over Manifest
- My Farm Friends
- Puss in Boots
- A Special Trade
- Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep
- Tumtum and Nutmeg
- Wynken, Blynken, and Nod