Happy New Year, dear readers! We hope your family is enjoying a blessed Christmas season, and looking forward to the revelation of Christ’s light to all the world at Epiphany. Thanks for joining us in 2011, and we look forward to reading through the year with you.
I’m sitting here looking at a stack of (grownup) books that I have lined up for 2011, and before we dive back into the reviews, just for fun, I thought I’d share some of the titles. Some are for book clubs, and some are just for me. We’d love to hear what you’ve been reading, too!
- What Are People For?, Wendell Berry
- Love is an Orientation: Elevating the Conversation with the Gay Community, Andrew Marin
- Wayfaring: Essays Pleasant and Unpleasant, Alan Jacobs
- Two-Part Invention: The Story of a Marriage, Madeleine L’Engle
- The Dream Life of Sukhanov, Olga Grushin
- Is It A Lost Cause: Having the Heart of God for the Church’s Children, Marva Dawn
- Paradise Lost, John Milton
- Generous Justice: How God’s Grace Makes Us Just, Timothy Keller